Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
|IATA Code||IAH||ICAO Code||KIAH|
|FAA Code||IAH||Time Zone||America/Chicago|
|Phone||Fax||+1 281 230 3108|
|Current Date and Time||11:44 28-Nov-2021|
|Open Hours||Monday through Sunday, all day||Elevation||97 Feets|
|Address||Houston Airport System, 16930 JFK Boulevard, Houston, TX 77032, United States|
Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport Facts
George Bush Intercontinental Airport is a Class B international airport in Houston, Texas serving the Greater Houston metropolitan area, the fifth-largest metropolitan area in the United States. Located about 37 km north of Downtown Houston, between Interstate 45 and Interstate 69/U.S. Highway 59, George Bush Intercontinental Airport has scheduled flights to domestic and international destinations.
The airport is named after George H. W. Bush, the 43rd Vice President and 41st President of the United States. George Bush Intercontinental Airport served 40,187,442 passengers in 2011 making the airport the tenth busiest for total passengers in North America. In 2006, the airport was named the fastest-growing of the top ten airports in the United States by the United States Department of Transportation.
Houston Bush Intercontinental is the largest passenger carrying hub for United Airlines carrying 16.6 million passengers annually with an average of 45,413 passengers daily. The airport also serves as focus city for Spirit Airlines.
Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport Destinations
Nearest Airports of Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Houston Hobby Airport distance (37 km)
- Sugar Land Municipal Airport distance (50 km)
- College Station Airport distance (119 km)
- Lake Charles Airport distance (204 km)
- Austin-Bergstrom Airport distance (225 km)
- Tyler Airport distance (263 km)
- Killeen Gray AAF Airport distance (266 km)
- Barbelos Airport distance (269 km)
- Gladewater Airport distance (273 km)
- Alexandria International Airport distance (306 km)
- Airports nearest Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport