Brussels International Airport (BRU)
|IATA Code||BRU||ICAO Code||EBBR|
|FAA Code||Time Zone||Europe/Brussels|
|Phone||Fax||+32 2 7534 250|
|Current Date and Time||20:27 19-Apr-2019|
|Open Hours||Monday through Sunday, all day||Elevation||184 Feets|
|Address||A201, 1930 Zaventem, Belgium|
Brussels International Airport Facts
Brussels Airport is an international airport 11 km northeast of Brussels, the capital of Belgium. In 2014, almost 22 million passengers arrived or departed at Brussels Airport, making it the 23rd busiest airport in Europe. It is located partially in Zaventem, partially in the Diegem area of Machelen, and partially in Steenokkerzeel, in the Flemish Region of Belgium. It is home to around 260 companies, together directly employing 20,000 people and serves as the home base for Brussels Airlines, Jetairfly and Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium.
Brussels Airport uses a one terminal concept, meaning that all the facilities are located under a single roof. The terminal building consists of several levels. The railway station is located on −1, busses and taxis arrive at 0, arrivals are located on level 2 and departures on level 3. Levels 2 and 3 are connected to the airport's two piers (A and B).
Brussels Airport has two departure halls. The main hall is used by all airlines, with the exception of Jetairfly and Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium. Those two airlines operate from a smaller departure hall next to departure hall 1 as of 30 March 2010. From both the departure halls, both piers can be reached. Brussels Airport currently consists of 54 contact gates, and a total of 109 gates.
Brussels International Airport Destinations
Nearest Airports of Brussels International Airport
- Brussels Midi Station distance (12.4 km)
- Antwerp Airport distance (32.5 km)
- Brussels South Charleroi Airport distance (48.7 km)
- Liege Bierset Airport distance (74.2 km)
- Eindhoven Airport distance (88.9 km)
- Maastricht Airport distance (90.1 km)
- Lille Airport distance (103.5 km)
- Rotterdam Airport distance (117.0 km)
- Ostend-Bruges International Airport distance (118.1 km)
- Weeze Airport distance (139.8 km)
- Airports nearest Brussels International Airport