Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
- IATA Code YYZ
- ICAO Code CYYZ
- FAA Code
- Time Zone America/Toronto
- Phone +1 416 776 9892
- FAX +1 416 776 3580
- Latitude 43.681585
- Longitude -79.61146
- Website www.torontopearson.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current Date and Time 12:38 30-Nov-2023
- Open Hours Monday through Sunday, all day
- Elevation 569 Feets
- Address 6301 Silver Dart Dr, Mississauga, ON L5P 1B2, Canada
Toronto Pearson International Airport Facts
Toronto Pearson International Airport is an international airport serving Toronto, Ontario, Canada, its metropolitan area, and the Golden Horseshoe, an urban agglomeration that is home to 8.7 million people. The airport is located 22.5 km northwest of downtown Toronto, in the adjacent city of Mississauga. The airport is named in honour of Lester B. Pearson, the 14th Prime Minister of Canada. Pearson Airport is the largest and busiest airport in Canada.
In 2013, it handled 36,109,469 passengers and 435,592 aircraft movements. It is the world's 35th-busiest airport by total passenger traffic, 23rd-busiest airport by international passenger traffic, and 18th-busiest airport by flights. Pearson is a major North American global gateway, handling more international passengers than any airport in North America other than John F. Kennedy International Airport.
Toronto Pearson is the main hub for Air Canada. It is also a hub for passenger airline WestJet and cargo airline FedEx Express, and serves as an operating base for passenger airlines Air Transat and Sunwing Airlines. Pearson Airport is operated by the Greater Toronto Airports Authority as part of Transport Canada's National Airports System and is one of eight Canadian airports with facilities for United States border preclearance.
An extensive network of non-stop domestic flights is operated from Toronto Pearson by several airlines to all major and many secondary cities across all provinces of Canada. There are 75 airlines operating at Toronto Pearson, connecting the airport to over 155 international destinations worldwide. Pearson is one of only two airports in North America, the other being JFK International Airport, with scheduled direct flights to all six of the world's inhabited continents.
Toronto Pearson International AirportDestinations
Nearest Airports of Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Toronto Island Airport distance (18 km)
- Hamilton International Airport distance (62 km)
- Kitchener Waterloo Airport distance (67 km)
- Niagara Falls Airport distance (83 km)
- Buffalo Niagara Airport distance (109 km)
- London International Airport distance (144 km)
- Rochester Airport distance (168 km)
- Jamestown Airport distance (172 km)
- Erie Airport distance (183 km)
- Bradford Airport distance (223 km)
- Airports nearest Toronto Pearson International Airport