Rosh Pina Airport PO Box 73 12000 Rosh Pina Israel
Rosh Pina Airport Facts
Rosh Pina Airport sometimes called Mahanayim Airport due to its proximity to Mahanayim, is an Israeli airport located in Rosh Pinna, near the Safed-Hatzor-Rosh Pina Industrial Park. The airport was built in 1943 during the British Mandate for Palestine. Mahanayim served the British army against Vichy France in Syria.
In 1948 the airport was taken over by the IAF. In the 1950s, Arkia Israel Airlines began service to the airport, working from a hut which served as a passenger terminal and air traffic control tower. By 1968, a new terminal building had been constructed and three years later, in 1971, a fire station and control tower were erected. Following increased activity, the passenger terminal was further expanded in 1994. In 2008, the airport was closed temporarily for the testing of an Elbit Systems unmanned aerial vehicle.