St. Pete - Clearwater International Airport (PIE)
|IATA Code||PIE||ICAO Code||KPIE|
|FAA Code||PIE||Time Zone||America/New_York|
|Current Date and Time||11:42 18-Jun-2019|
|Open Hours||Monday through Sunday, all day||Elevation||11 Feets|
|Address||Administration Building, Suite 221, Clearwater, FL 33762, United States|
St. Pete - Clearwater International Airport Facts
St. Pete–Clearwater International Airport is a public/military airport in Pinellas County, Florida.It is nine miles north of downtown St. Petersburg and seven miles southeast of Clearwater.
The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 categorized it as a primary commercial service airport since it has over 10,000 passenger boardings per year. In 2014 it experienced double-digit growth and handled more than one million passengers for the first time in its history.
Most scheduled airline traffic in the Tampa Bay Area uses Tampa International Airport (TPA), ten miles (16 km) to the east, but St. Pete–Clearwater remains a destination for low-cost carriers. St. Pete–Clearwater is a focus city for Las Vegas-based carrier Allegiant Air.
Being less busy than Tampa, PIE is frequently used by pilots of private planes and executive jets flying to the Tampa Bay Area.
St. Pete - Clearwater International Airport Destinations
Nearest Airports of St. Pete - Clearwater International Airport
- Tampa International Airport distance (17.4 km)
- Sarasota Airport distance (60.0 km)
- Punta Gorda Airport distance (130.4 km)
- Orlando International Airport distance (147.7 km)
- Orlando Airport distance (150.6 km)
- Orlando Sanford International Airport distance (171.5 km)
- Southwest Florida International Airport distance (179.8 km)
- Dehra Dun Airport distance (188.0 km)
- Melbourne Airport distance (203.8 km)
- Daytona Beach Airport distance (213.4 km)
- Airports nearest St. Pete - Clearwater International Airport