Billund Airport (BLL)
|IATA Code||BLL||ICAO Code||EKBI|
|FAA Code||Time Zone||Europe/Copenhagen|
|Phone||Fax||+45 76 505 076|
|Current Date and Time||15:29 19-Jan-2019|
|Open Hours||Monday through Sunday, all day||Elevation||247 Feets|
|Address||Postbox 10, DK-7190 Billund Airport, Denmark|
Billund Airport Facts
Billund Airport located 1.9 km northeast of Billund, Denmark, serves as one of Denmark's busiest air cargo centres, as well as a charter airline destination, although some regular airlines also offer flights there.
The proximity of the airport to the Legoland theme park in Billund arguably makes it easier for the airport to attract passengers, and to lure more airlines into operating to the airport. However, the majority of the passengers live in western Denmark, and this is their main airport for international travel.
The airport's main runway can handle airliners as large as the Boeing 747, although most passengers arrive on smaller aeroplanes, such as ATR-42s, Boeing 737s and Boeing 757s. Boeing 747 activity at this airport is almost exclusively limited to cargo flights.
In the 2011–12, many charter airlines began long-haul operations out of Billund with following destinations: Colombo, Phuket, Sharjah, St. Croix in the winter and Cancún, Punta Cana in the summer. The flights are operated by Boeing 737 to Sharjah, but 767 and A330 are operating the service to the others by Jetairfly, TUIfly Nordic and Thomas Cook Airlines Scandinavia.
Billund Airport Destinations
Nearest Airports of Billund Airport
- Esbjerg Airport distance (44.6 km)
- Karup Airport distance (62.2 km)
- Sonderborg Airport distance (95.3 km)
- Westerland Sylt Airport distance (105.4 km)
- Aarhus Airport distance (110.9 km)
- Aalborg Airport distance (156.4 km)
- Heringsdorf Airport distance (198.8 km)
- Copenhagen Airport distance (218.7 km)
- Hamburg Lubeck Airport distance (237.5 km)
- Angelholm Helsingborg Airport distance (238.6 km)
- Airports nearest Billund Airport