Berlevag Airport Facts
Berlevåg Airport is a regional airport serving Berlevåg Municipality in Finnmark county, Norway. The airport is situated 2 kilometers northwest of the village of Berlevåg and is owned and operated by Avinor. The airport has a 880-meter runway aligned 06/24. Services are provided by Widerøe using Dash 8-100 aircraft to other communities in Finnmark. The airport served 6,060 passengers in 2014 and received the most subsidies per passenger of any Avinor airport.
Construction of the airport started in 1943 by the Luftwaffe who stationed a detachment of Jagdgeschwader 5 there. Civilian operations started 1970 and were first provided by Norving. The airport was upgraded as part of a national program to establish regional airports and from 1974 services were taken over by Widerøe using de Havilland Canada Twin Otter aircraft.
The current terminal building dates from 1988; Dash 8 aircraft were introduced in 1994. There have been local proposals to expand the airport, but Avinor does not wish to pursue these.