Tenerife Norte Airport (TFN)
|IATA Code||TFN||ICAO Code||GCXO|
|FAA Code||Time Zone||Atlantic/Canary|
|Phone||Fax||+34 913 21 10 00|
|Current Date and Time||13:17 07-Aug-2020|
|Open Hours||Monday through Sunday, all day||Elevation||2077 Feets|
|Address||San Cristóbal de La Laguna, 38297, Santa Cruz de Tenerife Spain|
Tenerife Norte Airport Facts
Tenerife North Airport is one of the two international airports on the island of Tenerife, Spain. It is located in San Cristóbal de La Laguna, 11 km by road from Santa Cruz and at an altitude of 633 metres.
Tenerife North handled 3,717,944 passengers in 2012. Combined with Tenerife South Airport, the island gathers the highest passenger movement of all the Canary Islands, with 12,248,673 passengers, surpassing Gran Canaria Airport. Today TFN is an inter-island hub connecting all seven Canary Islands with connections to the Iberian Peninsula, Europe, and North America.
In 1977, the airport was the site of the worst accident in aviation history when 583 passengers and crew were killed after two Boeing 747s collided on the runway in heavy fog.
Tenerife Norte Airport Destinations
Nearest Airports of Tenerife Norte Airport
- Tenerife Metropolitan Area Airport distance (2.2 km)
- Tenerife South Airport distance (54.1 km)
- La Gomera Tenerife Airport distance (98.7 km)
- Gran Canaria Las Palmas Airport distance (112.7 km)
- La Palma Airport distance (138.5 km)
- Valverde Hierro Airport distance (168.5 km)
- Fuerteventura Airport distance (242.1 km)
- Lanzarote Airport distance (271.8 km)
- Laayoune Hassan I Airport distance (342.6 km)
- Madeira Airport distance (469.4 km)
- Airports nearest Tenerife Norte Airport