Kristiansand Airport (KRS)
|IATA Code||KRS||ICAO Code||ENCN|
|FAA Code||Time Zone||Europe/Oslo|
|Phone||Fax||+47 67 06 31 22|
|Current Date and Time||03:05 19-Jun-2019|
|Open Hours||Monday through Sunday, all day||Elevation||57 Feets|
|Address||Avinor, Kristiansand Airport Kjevik, 4657 Kjevik, Norway|
Kristiansand Airport Facts
Kristiansand Airport is an international airport serving Kristiansand, Norway. The airport is located at Tveit, 16 kilometers by road and 8 kilometers by air from the city center. Operated by the state-owned Avinor, it is the sole airport in Agder with scheduled flights. Kjevik has a 2,035-meter runway aligned 04/22 and served 1,065,615 passengers in 2013.
Scheduled flights are provided by Scandinavian Airlines, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Widerøe, KLM Cityhopper and Wizz Air. The Royal Norwegian Air Force has a training center at the airport.
Kristiansand Airport opened on 1 June 1939, as the joint second airport in the country. During the Second World War it was occupied and expanded by the Luftwaffe. Kristiansand's southerly location caused the airport to receive several international routes during the early years, as well as domestic services. Braathens SAFE served domestic services from 1955 to its demise in 2004.
KLM flew until 1971, after which Dan-Air opened routes to the United Kingdom. The terminal received major extensions in 1955, 1979, 1994 and 2015. New control towers were built in 1966 and 2013. Kjevik was the base for Sørfly from 1946 to 1962, for Agderfly from 1969 to 2004, and for FlyNonstop in 2013.
Kristiansand Airport Destinations
Nearest Airports of Kristiansand Airport
- Stavanger Airport distance (160.7 km)
- Aalborg Airport distance (163.9 km)
- Notodden Airport distance (165.1 km)
- Torp Airport distance (166.1 km)
- Rygge Airport distance (203.4 km)
- Haugesund Airport distance (208.0 km)
- Karup Airport distance (220.7 km)
- Gothenburg Save Airport distance (228.8 km)
- Stord Airport distance (236.6 km)
- Trollhattan Airport distance (247.5 km)
- Airports nearest Kristiansand Airport