Singapore Airlines (SQ) Flight schedules
Singapore Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Singapore Government through Temasek Hldgs (Pte) Ltd since January 1027. Singapore Airlines Limited (SIA; SGX: C6L) is the flag carrier of Singapore with its hub at Singapore Changi Airport. It is regarded as a Singaporean national symbol and icon. The airline used the Singapore Girl as its central figure in its corporate branding. But Singapore airlines have its rich history to tell before becoming one of the best airlines in the world grabbing the BEST AIRLINE for 24 consecutive years.
Back in 1947, when a twin-engine Airspeed Consul, aircraft of Malayan Airways Ltd’s started scheduled flights between Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Ipoh and Penang. Malayan Airways was then progressive and they grew fast, that in 1955 they started to offer international flights.
In 1963, with the formation of the Malaysian Federation, the airlines were renamed to Malaysian Airways Ltd. After 3 years the government of Malaysia and Singapore acquired joint control of the airline, it was renamed again Malaysia-Singapore Airlines Ltd. Eventually in 1971 Malaysian government and Singapore government decided to part ways deciding to ceased operation on October 1, 1972. It was succeeded by Singapore Airlines (SIA) and Malaysia Airlines System (MAS) respectively.
Singapore Airlines Today
At Present Singapore airlines is one of the most successful airlines in the world, with the distinction of the youngest and fastest fleets in the world.
- At the end of March 1999, SIA was operating 572 passenger flights a week out of Singapore. Its route network, including Silkair's and codeshare services, covered 110 cities in 42 countries.
- In 2000, the Company bought 49 percent of Virgin Atlantic airline for US$950 million.
- In 2004, by utilizing Airbus A340-500 they launch a non- stop flight from Singapore to Los Angeles and Newark with the longest scheduled commercial flight with about 18 hours each way flying time.
- Singapore Airlines was the launch customer for the Airbus A380, the world's largest passenger aircraft.
- It ranks amongst the top 15 carriers worldwide in terms of revenue passenger kilometers, and 10th in the world for international passengers carried.
- On 15 December 2010, Singapore Airlines was named by the International Air Transport Association as the second largest airline in the world by market capitalization, worth 14 billion US dollars.
- On 14 October 2015, Singapore Airlines announced plans to resume the world's longest non-stop flight between Singapore and Newark – a 15,300 km (9,500 mi), 19-hour route that the airline had dropped in 2013.
- Reached 35% high in net revenue in December 1015.
Singapore Airlines Subsidiaries
- SIA Engineering Company handles maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) business across nine countries,
- With a portfolio of 27 joint ventures, including with Boeing and Rolls-Royce. Singapore Airlines Cargo operates SIA's freighter fleet and manages the cargo-hold capacity in SIA's passenger aircraft.
- It has three airlines subsidiaries: Silk Air operates regional flights to secondary cities, while Scoot and Tigerair operate in the low-cost carrier sector
Singapore Airlines Flight Schedules
Singapore Airlines operates passenger services to 64 cities in 35 countries across five continents. Singapore Airlines Flights main hub is Changi Airport, Singapore. Explore the world with Singapore Airlines; experience a journey with most comfortable and spacious aircrafts in the world. They offer flights that are safe with well maintained fleet.
You can check flight schedule at their website: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/plan-and-book/your-booking/flightschedule/
You can download link http://sq.flightlookup.com/pdf/SQTimetable.pdf
Singapore Airline’ fleet of 108 aircraft is some of the youngest in the industry with an average of seven years. Fleets are exclusively wide-body aircrafts. They are well maintained for everyone's safety.
Singapore Airlines Contact Information
|IATA Code||SQ||ICAO Code||SIA|
|Phone||+65 6223 8888 (24 hours Contact Centre)||Fax||+65 6490 0596|
|Hub City||Singapore||Head Office||2 Orchard Turn #04-05 ION Orchard Singapore 238801|
Singapore Airlines Status
- SQ0222 Scheduled On time
- SQ6749 Scheduled On time
- SQ1459 Scheduled On time
- SQ6493 Scheduled On time
- SQ246 Scheduled On time
- SQ1529 Departed On time
- SQ285 Scheduled On time
- SQ5832 Scheduled On time
- SQ177 Arrived On time
- SQ0025 Departed On time
- SQ1271 Scheduled On time
- SQ6502 Scheduled On time
- SQ6084 Departed On time
- SQ6450 Scheduled On time
- SQ8505 Departed On time
- SQ6585 Scheduled On time