Asiana Airlines (OZ) Flight schedules
Asiana Airlines is a South Korean major airline operating domestic flights with its hub at Gimpo International Airport and international flights at Incheon International Airport. Being a member of Star Alliance, Asiana Airlines operates domestic on 10 cities and 90 international passenger routes to 24 countries in 75 cities, and on 27 international cargo routes throughout Asia, Europe, North America, and Oceania. As of December 2014, the company employs 10,183 people, majority of its pilots, ground staff, and flight attendants are based in Seoul Korea.
Asiana Airlines Inc. was formed by the Kumho Asiana Group originally known as Seoul Air International. Asiana was then established on February 14, 1988 and started operations in December 1988 with flights to Busan. In 2007, Asiana Airlines was owned by private investors with 30.53 % share, Kumho Industrial with 29.51%, Kumho Petrochemical with 11.9 % share, Korea Development Bank with 7.18% and 5.83 % other investors.
Asiana Airlines established its presence in the international scene in 1989 with its international chartered flights in Sendai Japan. The following year Asiana began its first scheduled international services to 3 main cities of Japan such as Tokyo, Nagoya, and Fukuoka already utilizing 27 aircrafts. In early 1990’s, Asiana now servicing other Asian countries and mid 1990’s to Los Angeles, Honolulu, Vienna and Brussels.
Joining the Star Alliance in January 2003, Asiana Airlines expanded its worldwide network by adding new fleets, expanding its destination and also providing international cargo services to 14 countries.
Distinguished achievements of Asiana Airlines
- 1995- Asiana focused on being environmentally friendly completely banning in-flight smoking and cigarette sales.
- 1996-The company was awarded first in class certification by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) for meeting criteria ISO 14001 certification
- 2001- Asiana Airlines was recognized for being the "first environmentally friendly company within the service industry" by the Ministry of Environment.
- 2008- Asiana was also awarded with the Best Airline in North Asia for the second year in a row as well as being awarded with the Best Trans-Pacific Airline for the second time.
- 2009- Air Transport World (ATW) awarded Asiana the "Airline of the Year" award, which is considered to be one of the most honorable awards in the airline industry
- 2010- Asiana Airlines was named the Best Airline in the World by Skytrax at the 2010 World Airline Awards.
- For seven consecutive years Asiana won the Best Onboard Service and Flight Attendants award by Global Travellers magazine.
Asiana Airlines Flight Schedule
Asiana Airlines serves destinations on four continents with a well-developed Asian network covering that also takes in important cities in China, Japan, Southeast Asia and Central Asia. The airline serves a number of gateway cities in North America and Europe while retaining its limited coverage of Oceania. It offers 516 daily departures throughout Asia, Europe, North America, and Oceania, operating 14 domestic and 85 international passenger routes and 20 cargo routes.
It is recommended to frequently check and make an inquiry about various schedules of each airline, each place of departure/arrival and each period. Every flight schedule that is within 30 days, including promo flights, cargo airlines, can be searched. http://kr.flyasiana.com/I/en/DefaultFlightScheduleSearch.do?menuId=001007001000000&menuType=LINK
The Asiana Airlines fleet consists of the following aircrafts: 11 Airbus A320-200, 2 Airbus A321-100, 15 Airbus A321-200, 10 Airbus A330-300, 2 Boeing 737-400, 2 Boeing 747-400, 2 Boeing 747-400M, 11 Boeing 777-200ER
Asiana Airlines Contact Information
|IATA Code||OZ||ICAO Code||AAR|
|Phone||+82 2 2669 8000||Fax||+82 2 2669 5360|
|Hub City||Seoul||Head Office||443-83, Ojeong-ro, Gangseo-gu, Seoul, Korea|